Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Debt Goals


I have started this blog to help my husband and I stay accountable in our goal to become debt free by the spring of 2010. We have been working strongly already on lowering our regular bills in order to strengthen our snowball. Yes, we are Dave Ramsey fans.


I have been reading many debt blogs over the past few months and have decided this might be a fun way to get feedback from others. Kind of cool that we can have a community of online of support without showing our faces!


We plan to set a New Years Revolution on certain debts being put away. I don't have all the numbers, but I would say we are in debt around $35,000. May be a little less, may be a little more. $20,000 is in car payments, 7,000 in a student loan, around $3,000 in credit card, and $4,000 to the grandparents. I will set up widget shortly showing our actual amounts, goals and our measly savings. I plan to post our budgets which we do biweekly. We like to do them for each paycheck which is every other week as opposed to monthly goals. Our income is around $75,000. My husband works for a secure job dealing with database and I am a homemaker and homeschooling mom to 4 boys.


So keep checking back for more and more updates, goals, aspirations, questions and whatever else I can come up with relating to our goal of a living like no one else!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'm sure you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I LOVEEEEEEE This BLOG!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Can Do It! I too am a fan of Dave Ramsey. I stumbled on his radio show about ten years ago. My wife and I cut up our credit cards, built up a small emergency fund, and attacked our debt. In only a couple of years, using a budget and the envelope system we paid off our debts. I was so inspired by the experience that I quit my day job, went back to school for a degree in finance, and am now on a mission to assist others in learning the fundamentals of personal finance. A subject that for some strange reason isn't taught in school....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, we have something in common...I just started my debt blog too. Well, actually I started out with a full head of steam back in August then put my head back in the sand for a couple of months. Christmas broke the bank though so I used the New Year as an excuse to Kick Debt's Butt once and for all. Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete