Sunday, January 4, 2009

Cipl Clip Clipping Away!


I spent most of the afternoon clipping a zillion coupons, taking out expired coupons, and putting in my coupon box my new ones. The papers this week have about 5 inserts in them. Two papers were given to me and I bought one for $2.12. We got our menu done for the week and managed to get the shopping done. Here is the run down what I spent today!

CVS:
I spent $7.23
I received some great coupons via email from CVS that expired today. I bought 2 tubes of Colgate toothpaste and 2 good size bottles of Aveeno lotion. Our youngest son suffers from severe excema and Aveeno is the best products for his skin. Unfortunately it is ridiculously expensive. So I was psyched when I got a $3.00 off $15.00 purchase of Aveeno product coupon from CVS. I combined this with 2 $2.00 off coupons from Aveeno. I printed two $1.50 off colgate coupons from CVS and I had $1.00 off manufacture coupons....making the toothpaste free! So for the price of one bottle of Aveeno I got two bottles plus 2 tubes of toothpaste. Oh, and $2.00 in ECBS

Krogers:spent $38.42 and my reciept says I saved $38.05 with my coupons! That is a 50% savings!

If you live in my area (WV) then watch for these coupon deals.

Softsoap $1.00 minus .35 cents doubled to .70 cents off----final price .30 cents

Cottenell Bath tissue--4 pack is .99 cents. If you have the 50 cents from last weeks paper--they will double..you get some free tp!

They also have their Campell Chunky Healthy Request soups on sale for $1.25 a can and there are 50/off 2 coupons out there--making your soup .75 cents a can. Not bad when you make one of your meals this week Soup/Grilled cheese night!

I bought lots of poultry and had some special coupons from Krogers off my meat purchases. I also picked up some milk, bread, and fresh fruit.

I will need to make a return later this week to Walmart(returning a gift) and then plan to purchase some juice and snack foods from Aldi's which is near Walmart.

I withdrew $250.00 last week on pay day for our groceries. I feel confident in saying I am nearly done till next pay day and I have $47.00 dollars left! I could easily see 25 being snowflaked---barring no unforseen issues.

If I have money left over before the next paycheck...it will be snowflaked!

Here is our Menu just so you know we are actually eating!

Mon- Meatloaf/mashed potatoes/broccoli
Tue- Sweet/n/Sour chicken/rice and veggies
Wed- Pork Roast/potatoes/carrots/rolls
Thur--dinner at grandparents --turkey
Friday-soup/grilled cheese
Saturday-Lasagna/salad
Sunday-leftovers

And one more "Ooooo Yah!" Our water bill came and it is $10.00 less than usual! I guess our tightening up on shower times and baths is paying off!

What was your Sunday like?? Did you clip away too?

No comments:

Post a Comment