Saturday, January 3, 2009

Free Stuff is Awesome!

Yesterday was a no spend day, however, today I spent a little cash. I bought 2 bottles of Pantene shampoo/conditioner and 2 bottles of Dawn from CVS. My OOP (out of pocket) was $3.63. However, I got back $2.50 in ECBs. Earlier this week --before I started the "no spend days" I spent around $5.00 and got 2 bottles of Dawn, 4 bottles of Pantene, and 4 cans of tuna. I really love the deals you can snag at CVS. I am psyched because Pantene is my favorite hair product and I have enough to last me a good 3 months! I am just real careful not to overspend at CVS. I have been doing quite well over the last few months staying within my cash budget of $300 every 2 weeks. When the cash is love...even if it is a heck of deal I won't get it.

But the cool event today was getting this New TV!



Well, new to us! My mom bought my dad a 47 inch flat screen TV and they decided to give us their old 52 inch TV. As we sat tonight watching a movie on it, my husband said it was extra cool since we didn't spend a dime on it!

The other expenses came to about $9.00. We splurged on cheeseburgers and fries from Wendy's. We spent more time than we expected to in transporting the TV to our house. So dinner was going to be late if we had stuck to our menu. But it came out of my cash and I have plenty to make it through next week's meals.

3 comments: