Saturday, February 13, 2010

Canceling our vacation

Well, our sale fell through and it looks like we are going to be stuck with more credit card debt than we hoped. My husband thinks we should scratch the reunion vacation. My parents purchased us one night at the hotel for this summer...last summer. Then they told us about it at Christmas time that it was our Christmas gift from them.

My husband feels "Gatlinburged out" as he puts it. We have just been there so many times that he is kind of sick of it. Now with money tighter..her really feels we should just skip it and take the kids on a day trip to something closer. He is checking today to find out if we cancel it if they can get their money back. I feel bad on one hand about canceling this trip, but it does lift a huge wait off of us and that feels good.

If we scratch this trip it will help us in getting out of credit card debt faster. We are also thinking of changing our with holdings. We honestly let the govt. hold onto too much of our money.

I am not sure how my family will feel if we cancel the trip. My oldest son feels like my husband about going to Gatlinburg. So I don't think the boys really care if we go or not. I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. what a bummer --- but your husband is right (in my opinion) you should do something else much cheaper & closer to home to save the $ expecially if you have been there before ;)

    ReplyDelete