Sunday, February 28, 2010

I was inspired by Moneysaving Mom and decided to do a little freezer meal cooking day of my own. I accomplished quite a bit yesterday. We are not big casserole eaters, but I am always on the lookout for ways to make breakfast amd lunch meals ahead. So here are some of the things I made ahead.

Southwest Rollups--made about 40 of these. They freeze beautifully and are made with homemade refried beans, shredded cooked chicken or ground beef, salsa, and shredded cheese. My kids love'm

Pancakes--I made about 60 and froze about 6 to a baggie

Pizza sauce--I simply bought this in a large can from Sams club for like $3.00 and froze them in smaller portions. I use these for quick cal zones and pizza cracker lunches.

Packaged homemade brown sugar cinnamon granola packets.

May not look like much, but I really did not start making stuff till late on Sunday evening. Still, these will keep the temptation at bay to run to the store for expensive convenience foods or to Mcd's for lunch.

If you have any receipes to share to help spice up breakfast and lunches...feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment