Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Staying on tasks


I don't know about you...but I love having a set of tasks written out before me and seeing them checked off one by one. I have tried dayplanners for this purpose, however, it was cumbersome to carry them around and hang onto them. The ideal solution for having tasks laid out would be an iphone....but alas...there is no room in my budget for such a luxury:(

I have recently discovered a neat little program that is doing the trick perfectly for me. I am on my mini dell computer quite a bit throughout the day checking email, researching things for homeschool, checking the news, and just surfing the pf blogs. So it is ideal for me to use something on my computer. This program is a free shareware program called Desktop Reminder. This program is simple and easy to use. One simply downloads it and she is ready to go. I now just type in tasks that I wish to accomplish..along with the dates I hope to have them done by. The moment I turn on my computer it opens up immediately widely on my screen and the tasks list are staring at me in the face. The perfect reminder! I downloaded the program about a month ago and I love it! I also love the feeling of marking things as completed :)

Feeling accomplished is important to me as a homemaker. Most people take for granted that little satisfaction that get from a job where a task is completed or done and overwith.

This can be a challenge for a homemaker, because we all know that housework is never always done or completed. Yes, I may get one load of clothes washed, but there is another one right behind it:) Not to say that does not happen to those in a regular job. But you get what I mean. Housework can be such a thankless job.

I am now using this program to keep track of my goals for becoming debt free so I thought I would blog about it to you all:)

No comments:

Post a Comment