Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Made it! Sort of :)

Well, technically we made it through the weekend without touching our food budget for eating out. But we did eat out. This weekend was my birthday and my husbands too! We are born just one day apart...plus a few years :) My husband's brother and his wife surprised us by showing up on Saturday and whisking the kids away to their house for a two night stay. Plus, my parents gave us a gift card to Applebees! Needless to say, with the kids gone and an Applebees gift card in hand...we went out!

My jubilation came to an end the next day. I woke up at 6:00 a.m. with a runny nose. A severe head cold made its presence known to me through out the day. I am still fighting it today. I feel I have been in a fog for the past three days. I am getting quite sick of chicken noodles soup :( So on Sunday, my husband piddled around finishing up some unfinished house projects while I was sacked out in our bed. Such a bummer to have no energy and to be sick when my kids were away. But it was also nice to not have to deal with them on top of being sick.

I finally drug myself out shopping yesterday. The kids have been plowing their way through the food I bought already. Still, I am quite proud that we made it through without busting my food budget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment